Media Literacy and Academic Research is a scientific journal focused on the academic reflection of media and information literacy issues, media education, critical thinking, digital media and new trends in related areas of media and communication studies.
The journal is devoted to addressing contemporary issues and future developments related to the interdisciplinary academic discussion, the results of empirical research and the mutual interaction of expertise in media and information studies, media education as well as their sociological, psychological, political, linguistic and technological aspects.
For more informations visit an official web page of MLAR.
About the Journal
About the Journal
Media Literacy and Academic Research is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal published twice a year.
The journal is an international and an interdisciplinary, inviting contributions from across the globe and from various academic disciplines of social sciences. It focuses on:
- theoretical and empirical studies,
- research results, as well as papers related to the new trends,
- practices and other academic a research areas.
Also encouraged are:
- literature reviews,
- innovative initiatives,
- best practices in online teaching,
- institutional policies,
- standards and assessment.
The Journal welcomes the submission of manuscripts that meet the general criteria of significance and scientific excellence.
Editor in chief: doc. Mgr. Norbert Vrabec, PhD.
The members of the journal´s Editorial Board are members of:
- the European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA),
- UNESCO-UNAOC UNITWIN Network for Media and Information Literacy,
- European Association for Viewers Interests (EAVI),
- The Slovak EU Kids Online Team,
- Media Literacy Expert Group.
Faculty of Mass Media Communication
University of SS.Cyril and Methodius in Trnava
Námestie Jozefa Herdu 2
917 01 Trnava
Vol. 1, No. 1, April 2018
Media Literacy and Academic Research
ISSN: 2585-8726 (printed version)
ISSN: 2585-9188 (online version)
E-mail: email@example.com [/column]