Media Literacy and Academic Research is a scientific journal focused on the academic reflection of media and information literacy issues, media education, critical thinking, digital media and new trends in related areas of media and communication studies.
The journal is devoted to addressing contemporary issues and future developments related to the interdisciplinary academic discussion, the results of empirical research and the mutual interaction of expertise in media and information studies, media education as well as their sociological, psychological, political, linguistic and technological aspects.
For more informations visit an official web page of MLAR.
About the Journal
Media Literacy and Academic Research is a high-quality open access peer- reviewed journal focused on the academic reflection of media and information literacy issues, media education, critical thinking, digital media and new trends in related areas of media and communication studies. The journal is devoted to addressing contemporary issues and future developments related to the interdisciplinary academic discussion, the results of empirical research and the mutual interaction of expertise in media and information studies, education studies as well as their sociological, psychological, political, linguistic and technological aspects.
Media Literacy and Academic Research is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal published twice a year. The journal is international and interdisciplinary, inviting contributions from across the globe and from various academic disciplines of social sciences. The Journal Publishes in both print and online version.
It focuses on theoretical and empirical studies, research results, as well as papers related to the new trends, practices and other academic research areas. Also encouraged are literature reviews, innovative initiatives, best practices in online teaching, institutional policies, standards and assessment. The Journal welcomes the submission of manuscripts that meet the general criteria of significance and scientific excellence.
The journal is now indexed in these databases: Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) – Web of Science Core Collection, ERIH Plus, Ulrich’s Periodical Directory, CEEOL, CEJSH and Index Copernicus. Moreover the journal is under the indexing process with Scopus, Cabell´s Directories and EBSCO.
The members of the journal´s Editorial Board are members of the International Association for Media Education (IAME), European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA), UNESCO-UNAOC UNITWIN Network for Media and Information Literacy, European Association for Viewers Interests (EAVI), The Slovak EU Kids Online Team and Media Literacy Expert Group and European Academy of Management, Marketing and Media (EAMMM).
Editor in chief
Deputy Managing Editor
- Piermarco Aroldi (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milano, Italy)
- Alexander Fedorov (Russian Association for Film and Media Education, Russia)
- Jan Jirák (Metropolitan University Prague, Czech Republic)
- Igor Kanižaj (University of Zagreb, Croatia)
- Anastasia Levitskaya (Taganrog Management and Economics Institute, Russia)
- Miguel Vicente Mariño (University of Valladolid, Spain)
- Radek Mezulánik (Jan Amos Komenský University in Prague, Czech Republic)
- Stefan Michael Newerkla (University of Vienna, Austria)
- Shahreen Mat Nayan (University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Gabriel Paľa (University of Prešov, Slovak Republic)
- Veronika Pelle (Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary)
- Hana Pravdová (University of SS. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava, Slovak Republic)
- Charo Sádaba (University of Navarra in Pamplona, Spain)
- Lucia Spálová (Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra, Slovak Republic)
- Anna Stolińska (Pedagogical University of Kraków, Poland)
- Zbigniew Widera (University of Economics in Katowice, Poland)
- Markéta Zezulkova (Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic)
- Yao Zheng (Zhejiang University of Media and Communications, China)
Faculty of Mass Media Communication
University of SS.Cyril and Methodius in Trnava
Námestie Jozefa Herdu 2
917 01 Trnava
Call for papers
Media Literacy and Academic Research is inviting papers for Vol. 3, No. 2 which is scheduled to be published on December 2020.
Interested authors should submit a single-spaced, one-page abstract describing their proposed article. Authors chosen from the pool of abstracts will be invited to submit a full manuscript. Invited manuscripts will be a double- blind peer-reviewed.
June 30, 2020: Submission deadline for abstracts (submit to mlar.editor(at)fmk.sk )
July 10, 2020: Invitation to authors to submit a manuscript
September 30, 2020: Submission deadline for manuscript (submit to mlar.editor(at)fmk.sk )
December 2020: Articles published as completed
Submitted manuscripts should strictly follow the format as outlined in our:
- MLAR VOL. 3, NO 1 (2020)
- MLAR VOL. 2, NO 2 (2019)
- MLAR VOL. 2, NO 1 (2019)
- MLAR VOL. 1, NO 2 (2018)
- MLAR VOL. 1, NO 1 (2018)